|Home » Self Esteem build it and improve your confidence|
what is self esteem?
low self esteem
child self esteem
self esteem test
exercise and esteem
How and Why You Should Improve your Self Esteem
This is what you can find on this page:
I'm trying to break free from the miseries of low self esteem, and this web site is a huge confidence, and will serve as an aid in my quest to claim back what's rightfully mine: my life"
Amber read more comments
Building esteem is a first step towards your happiness and a better life. If you have low confidence or low self esteem you will find it impossible to be the person you could be and your happiness will be limited.
Self esteem increases your confidence. If you have confidence you will respect yourself and then you can respect others, improve your relationships and become happier....this is not a selfish goal as you will contribute more and share yourself with the world and those around you.
Low esteem causes depression, unhappiness, insecurity and low confidence. Other's desires may take preference over yours. Inner criticism, that nagging voice of disapproval inside you, causes you to stumble at every challenge and challenges seem impossible.
How to improve your esteem and confidence
"Join my newsletter and get
chapter of Self Esteem Secrets FREE"
"Thank you so much for your precious interest in helping other people!" (Jasmin)
Want to increase your self confidence at work, in your daily life and improve your relationships?
Build your Self
Confidence - Hypnosis downloads - quick, easy and guaranteed to help
you build your confidence (prepared by experienced psychologists and
gets my full recommendation)
1. Face your fears - challenges seem scary but your fears are usually exagerated. Facing your fears increases your confidence and boosts your esteem.
2. Forget your failures - learn from them. Avoid making the same mistakes again but don't limit yourself by assuming you failed before so you can't succeed this time. Try again, you're wiser and stronger. Don't be trapped in the past!
3. Become more confident - I have prepared a 60 minute CD to help you build amazing confidence. Click here to get this fantastic Self Confidence boosting CD Free
4. Know what you want and ask for it. Learn about being assertive - you deserve your dreams to come true!
5. Reflect on your success. No-one else will! Isn't everything easier when you take time to help yourself? Make a list of your successes and focus on the positive.
6. Talk - We often make assumptions about a situation or person which are not true. Your attitude and behaviour can be negatively affected so if you have any doubt or question ask and don't assume you know why or how. There is much more about this point and about many of the others in a wonderful book I have read recently. I personally recommend you to read it too as you're going to get a lot out of it. It's called The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, click on the link to order this extraordinary book now.
7. Don't be defeated! Try something else. You are not going to be defeated by one failed attempt are you? Doesn't everyone fail before they succeed? All you need is a different approach. Good luck! I wish you happiness and success! low self esteem - click here for more
8. Try this amazing
self hypnosis download - Building your
9. Explore this website. It will help you understand and inform yourself about self esteem and take action. Take a look at the self help articles and read past issues of my newsletter.
10. Don't fall into depression. If you or anyone you know suffers then read how to treat your depression.
"You are what you eat" is a famous saying first written down by Victor Lindlahr in 1923 but as regards self esteem we need to change this to read "You are what you think".
Self esteem is something that will get you through in difficult times, it is especially then that it will become your best friend and your strongest weapon. However, it is not something selfish at all and as Nethaniel Brandon says:
“There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.”
Improving your self esteem also enables you to be kinder to others and value not just yourself but others as well so don't let others ever tell you it is selfish.
With a healthy level of self esteem you will enjoy better relationships as you will treat others with more respect. After all, if you cannot respect yourself, why should you respect others? The self awareness you gain from working on yourself will enable you to understand the motives and needs of others better too.
When you feel better about yourself you will also have less stress and there will be no need for boasting. Your inner confidence will be enough for you and you will be less reliant on the opinion of others. You will not have to seek the approval of others because the most important factor will become your own self approval. This is all good.
Before moving on I want to also talk about hidden and surface self esteem. Hidden self esteem is how you feel deep down, in your subconscious. This is likely to be ingrained in you from your life experience and these are your real deep feelings and thoughts which control your values and beliefs. The second kind of self esteem is that on the surface. This can be thought of as your daily temporary level that constantly changes. It is influenced more by what happens to you and your reaction to that. It is easier to change your surface self esteem.
OK, onto the steps to help you and these are steps that I took so they come from personal experience, I hope they will also help you:
Take action and start building your self esteem now - get my e-book and learn the most important twelve steps you need to follow to achieve a high level of self esteem so that you can enjoy your life and be happy! I've written this book to help you so I hope you'll take a look.
There are emotional states that may help you to boost your self esteem. These include feeling appreciation, gratitude and acceptance.
Get used to feeling appreciation for all the little things in life from a beautiful sunset to a pretty smile, from a lovely small puppy to a beautiful picture. Experience how it feels to really appreciate something. We have already talked about practicing gratitude above. Acceptance is also important. Practice acceptance of things you can't control. How does it feel when you accept things?
Now the way to build your self esteem is to practice these emotions towards you. Accept yourself, be happy for who you are and appreciate and value the real you. Good luck!
Read these Great Books - Click to buy from Amazon.com - Recommended
Great ideas for anyone working with people or kids - learning can be fun! For counsellors, teachers etc... I love this one!
#2Self-Esteem: A proven program for assessing, improving and maintaining your ... by Mathew McKay, Patrick Fanning
Very practical! Learn to stop criticising yourself. I enjoyed the section about dealing with anger. Recommended
#3 The Six Pillars of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Brenden
Lots of exercises. Great if you want a program which will bring positive changes into your life. An excellent choice!
© 2003-11 Karl Perera all rights reserved